The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 4/6/2020 at 5:20 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
As a general rule, pre-show trivia & trailers are shown before each movie, Thursday-Saturday in IG Greer Auditorium. Opportunities exist for campus groups to run a slide or short video in the pre-show trailer. Advertisements must be of general university interest or student-oriented in nature, must be open to the campus community, and occur on the ASU campus.
- Campus groups are allowed to run a slide or short video before SuperCinema films series movies, which are shown in IG Greer Auditorium, Thursday-Saturday, two showing per evening.
- Slides or videos must be produced and submitted by Tuesday of the week they are to be shown. The Films staff will not be able to design or make changes to any slides/videos, so it is important for submissions to conform to the standards below.
- Slides must be submitted in a widescreen format (16 X 9) for best results.
- Only jpeg and png file formats will be accepted. Powerpoint, PDF, etc...are not supported.
- Any content that contains references to inappropriate material such as alcohol, drugs, nudity, etc... will not be posted.
- Advertising for off-campus events is not permitted, however, a simple acknowledgment such as "food provided by" or "food catered by _________" is acceptable.
- Videos must be submitted in a widescreen format (16 X 9) for best results.
- Videos must be submitted in the .mov format only. No other file types will be supported.
- All videos must be kept to a running time of no more than 30-60 seconds.
- Any content that contains references to inappropriate material such as alcohol, drugs, nudity, etc... will not be shown.
- Advertising for off-campus vendors is not permitted, however, a simple acknowledgment such as "food provided by" or "food catered by _________" is acceptable.
- Please make all efforts to produce a high-quality video with a clear and concise message as well as clear audio. A poor quality video will look even worse on a large screen and will reflect negatively on your group and the Films Staff.
To submit a slide/video, or if you have further questions, please contact Daniel Lightfoot or 828-262-8085.